FTP is a technology that transfers files more efficiently than standard HTML web browsers, decreasing your upload and download times anywhere from 20-60%.
Egnyte is compatible with most FTP clients and supports the following:
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol over implicit TLS/SSL)
- FTPES (File Transfer Protocol over explicit TLS/SSL)
- SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
FTP/SFTP is a technology that transfers files in a secure and easy-to-configure manner. A great time to use FTP is when you are initially migrating up to 500GB of data or if you're uploading files that are each larger than 2.5GB.
Not sure how to go about your migration? Learn more about Egnyte's migration services.
- We do not support the ASCII transfer mode, so please use the Binary mode instead.
- We do not support Active Transfer Mode, so please use Passive Transfer Mode when setting up the client.
- If you use a firewall, please review the Egnyte Public IP Address article to see which IP addresses need to be whitelisted.
- Access is limited to Admins and Power Users on the Office, Business, or Enterprise plans.
- Trial users on these plans are limited to uploading 1GB total via SFTP/FTP.
Recommended FTP/SFTP Clients For Windows & Mac
- Command Line Linux/Mac SFTP client
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business SFTP connector
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about using this service, our FAQ article will help you find the answers.