FTP is a technology that transfers files more efficiently than standard HTML web browsers, decreasing your upload and download times anywhere from 20-60%.
Egnyte is compatible with most FTP clients and supports the following:
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol over implicit TLS/SSL)
- FTPES (File Transfer Protocol over explicit TLS/SSL)
- SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
Want a seamless migration experience? Use Egnyte's Cloud Migration Manager! Migrate your files, folders, and permissions from an on-premises server to Egnyte with an intuitive UI.
- We do not support the ASCII transfer mode, so please use the Binary mode instead.
- We do not support Active Transfer Mode, so please use Passive Transfer Mode when setting up the FTP client.
- If you use a firewall, please review the Egnyte Public IP Address article to see which IP addresses need to be whitelisted.
- FTP access is limited to Admins and Power Users on the Office, Business, or Enterprise plans.
- Trial users on these plans are limited to uploading 1GB total via FTP.
Recommended FTP Client For Windows & Mac
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about using FTP, our FAQ article will help you find the answers.