There are certain limits that your account may be subject to depending on if you're a trial account or a paid account, so be sure to review the information below for more details.
Trial Account Limits
Trial accounts have a limit on certain file types including .zip, .exe, .bat, etc. Likewise, there is a limit on the number of share links allowed to be created in a trial domain. These are precautionary to help prevent spammers from utilizing Egnyte to send malware. These limits are only applied to trials and are lifted immediately upon subscription.
Trial users on all plans are restricted to uploading 1GB of data via FTP and are limited to 20GB of total storage on their trial domain. These restrictions are lifted immediately upon subscription.
Paid Account Limits
Plan File Size Limits
Different plans are subject to different file size limits.
- Platform Team plans: 100GB
- Platform Business plan: 100GB
- Platform Enterprise Lite: 100GB
- Platform Enterprise plan: 100GB
Egnyte offers many different ways to get your content into the cloud. Please note that your overall plan file size limits apply regardless of the upload mechanism that you use.
1. Dragging and Dropping files into the web interface works for files up to 100GB in size.
2. Browsing for Files from the web interface upload screen works for files up to 100GB in size.
3. Accessing files through the Desktop App is only subject to plan file size limits.
5. FTP uploading is only subject to plan file size limits.
FTP is NOT recommended as a migration tool. If you have more than 50GB data total to migrate, consider using Egnyte's Migration App or some other third-party tool designed to handle larger data migrations.
You can download up to 10,000 files at a time from the Web UI for folder downloads or multi-file downloads, which create a zip. If using the Egnyte mobile app, the total download size is restricted to 10GB, in addition to the 10,000 file limit or the 50,000 folder count limit. This restriction is different from the limits that apply when users download from Shared File Links (see a dedicated section below). For the single file download limit - the plan file size limit applies, as well as the information below:
1. Downloading single files from the web interface works for files up to 100GB in size.
2. Accessing files through the Desktop App is only subject to plan file size limits.
4. FTP downloading is only subject to plan file size limits.
Also, keep in mind that browsers impose their own set of limitations on downloading, which you can change.
Downloading from Shared File Links
Customers on the Platform and Legacy plans are subject to limits on the quantity of data that can be downloaded from shared file links.
Team plan: 5GB per hour or 30GB per month.
Office and Business plans: 5GB per hour or 60GB per month.
For example, if you're on the Office plan, you sent five people a file link to a 2GB video, and they all downloaded the video within an hour, you would violate the shared file link data limit. Users will start seeing the message "sender's monthly download quota has been reached."
The monthly limit is reset at the beginning of every month.
Other than that and the plan max file size limit, downloading via shared links works for files up to 100GB in size.
File and Folder Size Limitations
- Maximum number of files in a folder (immediate children): 50,000
- Maximum number of sub-folders in a folder (immediate children): 50,000
- Maximum path length: 5,000 bytes
When sending a file attachment from the Web UI, you are limited to attachments that are 5MB or less.
If you have questions about your account's file link limits, contact your Egnyte representative.
Printing from Preview
If a file is over 20MB or more than 100 pages, you will not be able to print directly from the Preview pane.
Refer to this article for detailed information about the search and its parameters/limits.