The Subject Access Request (SAR) feature helps you serve personal data requests and comply with regulations like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Egnyte Secure and Govern can automatically retrieve documents containing personal information about data subjects. The export and deletion features enabled service of notification and right-to-be-forgotten requests.
Subject Access Request Types
When the subject requests a summary of information collected about them, an Admin should submit a Notification SAR. The workflow notifies Administrators about completed requests, which can be inspected and exported.
When a subject requests deletion of personal information collected about them, an Admin should submit a Right-to-be-Forgotten SAR. The workflow gives Administrators a one-click deletion option after the request is completed.
Create a Subject Access Request
- Open the Compliance tab in Protect and select Add Request.
- Select the Request type based off what information is needed.
- Choose the Target service time to determine how long the request will remain active before expiring.
- Provide as much information as you can about the subject in the sections (see below). First and Last names are required.
Available identifiers include Social Security Number, Passport Number, and National Insurance Number.
- Once all of the relevant information has been entered, click Create request.
Upon completion of the request, the Administrator will receive an email notification that the request is ready to serve.