Included in Egnyte's AEC add-on package, project lifecycle management makes it quick and convenient to remove external access to a project folder and initiate already created retention, archival, or deletion policies on a project folder after project completion.
Initiating Project Clean Up
To initiate project clean up on a project folder, a user must first open to the Project Settings page. This can be found by navigating inside the project folder and then selecting More ↓ < Project Settings.
Once on the Project Settings page, updating the Status to Done will initiate the project clean up process.
There are 2 major components to the project clean up process.
- A notification that the project might be under Content Archiving Policy will display. If any Content Lifecycle policies have already been created and are applicable to this project folder, the policies will begin upon selecting Save.
- There will be an option to Clean Up Project After Saving Status as "Done." Selecting this checkbox and then Save will open a new project clean-up window where links & standard user access can be revoked.
Removing Links & Standard User Access
On the project clean up window, there are three sections, each with its own Options:
- Links associated with this project.
- By selecting Options ↓, a user can choose to Delete all links or Don't do anything.
- Standard User Accounts associated with this project.
- By selecting Options ↓, a user can choose to Select or view users, Delete all users, Deactivate all users, or Don't do anything.
- By clicking Select or view users, users can be deleted, deactivated, or remain untouched on a user-by-user basis.
- Standard User Accounts associated with this and other projects.
- By selecting View Users, this option will inform you of the users that have access to this project and other projects within your domain; however, they cannot be deleted or disabled from this interface.
After making your selections and selecting Clean up, a final confirmation screen will be shown. This screen will require the user to type the provided text in the confirmation message and then select Clean up users and links to complete the process.