To simplify our portfolio while providing enhanced capabilities and better support, we announced the end of life for Egnyte Cloud Copy (ECC) on June 24, 2022.
Why is this necessary?
- Egnyte offers more robust capabilities enabling domain to domain migration that are inherent in Secure and Govern and Content Lifecycle through RAD (Retain, Archive, Delete). However, these services are premium Egnyte features, so they are no longer free to use.
- We stopped all development and maintenance for the ECC product several years ago.
- As a result, keeping ECC in circulation presents a number of security risks and compatibility issues.
- One high-visibility recurring issue is that ECC creates false security alerts to Protect customers for concurrent logins from a Google Cloud IP addresses, creating unnecessary noise for Support and raising customer security concerns.
What are my alternatives to Egnyte Cloud Copy?
For domain-to-domain migration needs, you have two options. You may engage Professional Services for a CloudSync engagement, with full white-glove treatment. Otherwise, you will need to upgrade your plan to include Secure & Govern or Content Lifecycle with RAD (Retention, Archive, Delete). You may speak with your Account Executive, Partner Account Manager or Customer Success Manager about the best option for your organization.
If our organization is no longer using Egnyte Cloud Copy, how can we remove it from our Egnyte dashboard?
Egnyte Cloud Copy is enabled both on the front end, from your Egnyte Dashboard, and on the back end by our Support team.
If you are no longer using Egnyte Cloud Copy, we recommend that you disable it on the front end to avoid confusion for your users.
- From the Egnyte CFS web UI, click the hamburger menu to open Apps & Integrations.
- Search for the word cloud to bring the section to the top of the page.
- Look for the Egnyte Cloud Copy tile. If there is no message in green text stating “Added for all users” or “Added for select users,” there’s nothing more for you to do.
- If it says “Added for all users” or some other affirmative message, you need to disable it for the domain.
- Hover over the tile and click View Details.
- Select Not enabled for domain.
- Click Save.
- This will remove the Cloud Copy folder option on the Egnyte Cloud interface.
If you have further questions, reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org