Any domain admin who wishes to enable Power Users to use Migration App.
By default, only Administrators can use the Migration App. However, you can optionally make Migration App available to all Power Users. Note there is no option currently to pick and choose specific Power Users to be granted access. It’s all or nothing.
Requirements for Power Users to use Migration App
- Submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org to request providing Power Users with access to Migration App.
- Navigate to your Migrations folder on your Egnyte domain. Click the Share icon.
- From the submenu, select Manage Folder Permissions.
- Enter the email or user name of the Power User you wish to have access to Migration App and select Owner from the drop-down menu.
- Use the same process for any pre-existing folders on Egnyte that you wish to allow a Power User to migrate into.
- Instruct the Power User to log out and back into the domain. They will now be able to run Migration App.
Power Users cannot migrate content into any other user’s Private folder. For this reason, you will need to assign that task to an Admin.
Questions? Feature Requests? Other Feedback?
If you have feature suggestions or requests, feel free to submit them here, and make sure you mention Migration App in the text.
For more complex requests that would benefit from providing screen shots or other attachments, you may submit them to email@example.com. Be sure to include Migration App in the email title. Our Support team will push your comments to the Product team for consideration.