Folders contained within the Shared folder will house content that other users in the company need to access and share with customers. As new projects are started and more teams are formed, creating additional folders under Shared will be critical to maintaining organization within your Egnyte account. Below, you'll learn who can create folders and how to add a new folder. We'll also give you some additional resources to help assign permissions and add content to the newly created folder.
Who Can Create Shared Folders
- Administrators and Power Users with can create top-level folders role can create new folders directly under the Shared folder.
- Administrators, Power Users, and Standard Users that have been granted Editor, Full, or Owner permissions to a folder can create new sub-folders within it.
Create a New Shared Folder
- Navigate to the folder you'd like the new folder to reside under.
- Click + Create and select Folder from the drop-down. Alternatively, if you intend to create a folder from a template, navigate to the sub-menu by hovering on > and then select From Template from the dropdown and finally select the specific template from the subsequent dropdown.
- Enter a name for the new folder and click Create.
- Now you are ready to add content to the folder and assign permissions so other users can access it.