The Folder Permissions Report allows you to export all of the permissions for a folder and all of its subfolders. The report is accessible to administrators from the left navigation panel in the Reports tab:
When you choose this option you can enter the criteria for the report:
You have 3 options to choose from:
- The folder you would like to report on - You can choose the /Shared folder (the default) or any other folder
- Whether to include subfolders - you can choose whether the report should include permissions from the selected folder and all of its descendants (the default) or just the selected folder
- Whether to expand groups to users - by default permissions for groups just list the name of the group with the permission, but if you choose "List all users within groups" then the report will include a separate row for each user in the group. Note that if you have many group permissions this can result in a very large report.
If you leave all of the options to the default values this report will generate a list of all permissions set in the entire domain.
Running the Report
Once you submit the report, the report will run in the background. For large requests, this report can take up to several minutes to run. The report results will be stored in the folder /Shared/Egnyte Reports/Folder Permissions Listing and you will receive an email once the report has been completed.
Notes and Limitations
- This report includes a row for each explicit permission set on a folder (i.e. the folder upon which the permission is set). It does not include a row for each subfolder/descendant that inherits a permission.
- This report is currently only available to administrators. A future release will enable this functionality for Power Users with roles that allow for reporting.
- Only one permissions report can be executed at once per Egnyte domain.