Product: WebUI Release Date: Jan 10, 2024
BIM File Preview Enhancements
Included in the Specialized File Handler Add-on, BIM file preview makes it possible to view file extensions commonly found in modeling applications from the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industry. Several enhancements have been made to the existing experience including:
Additional file types supported for viewing
- Previously only .dwg, .dgn, and .dxf files were supported for preview in the WebUI. Egnyte now supports additional file types including .dwf, .ifc, .rvt, .stl, .stp, .step, and .obj.
Support for larger file sizes
- Maximum file sizes supported for viewing have been increased but vary by extension. More information on the maximum file sizes can be found here.
- Users no longer need to wait in Egnyte’s preview for a file to load. You can now navigate out of Egnyte’s preview and the file processing will continue in the background. Users will receive notifications in the Egnyte WebUI when a file is ready for viewing.
For full details on Egnyte’s BIM File preview, refer to this article.
New Placement for Row Actions
When a user hovers on a file or folder, the floating context menu for the actions they can take on that item has been moved to the right.
Changing Sort in Search Results Applies the Sort to All the Folder Listings
There was an issue where sorting the search results view was applying the same sort criteria to subsequent folder list view. This issue has been resolved.
Co-Edit Desktop on Mac – User Being Prompted to Sign-In to Egnyte Location
There was an issue where when some users tried to use desktop co-editing on Mac, they were being asked to sign-in to Egnyte again, even if they were already singed in. This has been resolved.
Unexpected Error Message in UI when Searching for Files
There was an issue where some users were seeing a spurious ‘Unexpected error’ message popup during search. The search itself was not affected. This issue has been resolved.
Additional Information and Resources
The current release contains a few improvements to existing functionality.
- Minor performance, security and stability improvements
- Minor logging and UI improvements
- Minor bug fixes
The changes will be available to all users by January 11, 2024.