Any user of the Migration App.
This product is currently in Limited Availability. We invite any Customers interested in using the product to engage Egnyte Professional Services or their Customer Success Manager to have it enabled for their domain.
What's the cause of the Error #629 message?
Migration Jobs are set to limit the number of files or data size. These limits vary by domain, but the default size is 5TB of data and 8 million files.
This is not a limitation of Migration App, but an operational limitation intended to minimize problems frequently encountered by larger jobs that a seasoned user has not optimized.
How do I remedy this?
If a given job runs a scan and subsequently receives the error message below, the job will not proceed.
"(Error #629) We're sorry, but this job cannot be run because it exceeds the maximum threshold for the number of files, data size, or both. Please review the results of the Scan..."
Should you receive this error message, you have a few different options:
- Engage Egnyte Professional Services to manage your entire migration in a white-glove manner.
If you prefer not to engage Professional Services, you may solve this in a couple of different ways:
- IF THIS IS A NEW MIGRATION JOB and you have not yet started migrating data, the best option is to restructure the data at the source to be within your domain's job limits. Depending on how you accomplish this, you may re-run the scan and proceed with your migration. In some cases, depending on how you restructure the source data, you may need to create a new migration job entirely.
- IF THIS IS AN IN-PROGRESS MIGRATION JOB and you have already started migrating data, you must not restructure the data on the source. This would result in creating duplicate content, or potentially deleting content the next time you run a True-Up. If this is the case, please open a ticket by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Subject: Ongoing Migration Hitting Job Limits
- Include your domain and the migration job ID
We will work with you to determine the best path forward.
For more guidance around how to structure jobs for migration, see Best Practices for Creating an Egnyte Folder Structure. You may also want to read Best Practices for Migrating Data into Egnyte Using Migration App.
Questions? Feature Requests? Other Feedback?
If you have feature suggestions or requests, feel free to submit them here, and make sure you mention Migration App in the text.
For more complex requests that would benefit from providing screenshots or other attachments, you may submit them to email@example.com. Be sure to include Migration App in the email title. Our Support team will push your comments to the Product team for consideration.