If you sign in to Egnyte via an SSO provider (e.g., Okta, Azure AD, Google, etc.) and you need to log into a tool that does not support SSO login, you can set up a separate non-SSO password to log in.
Non-SSO passwords are valid for the following protocols and functions:
- FTP and SFTP
- 21 CFR Part 11 digital signatures in Review & Approval Workflows
Non-SSO passwords cannot be used to log into the Egnyte Web UI, desktop, mobile, or other Egnyte applications.
Setting a Non-SSO Password
To set or update your non-SSO password, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Egnyte Web UI
- Click your profile picture or initials in the top-right of the screen and then click your name
- Click My Preferences
- Under the Security section, click the Set non-SSO password link
- Egnyte will send you an email with the subject line Set a non-SSO password for your Egnyte account. Click the Set Password button.
- You'll be asked to enter a password and confirm it
If you're an admin, you can send a non-SSO password setup link to a user by clicking the Set non-SSO password link on the right of the user's profile in Users & Groups.
Whenever a "delegated auth" is configured (currently supported for Okta and Onelogin), by providing an API key token in Egnyte SSO setup, users can log in to the given service (FTP/SFTP, WebDav, etc) using their IdP (Okta/Onelogin) password and Egnyte username. Note that when delegated authentification is enabled, the option to set non-SSO passwords is not available.