The Egnyte for Microsoft Sales O365 Dynamics integration will allow you to embed an Egnyte window on a Microsoft Dynamics object. The Microsoft Dynamics record will be mapped to an Egnyte folder. There is a 1:1 relationship between a Microsoft Dynamics record and an Egnyte Folder.
This document will walk through the steps of installing the integration.
1. Setup Azure Active Directory
Create Dynamics Service Account
This article will walk you through the steps of getting a Service Account set up in your Microsoft Environment via Azure AD. We will then set up that account in the Dynamics Account.
1. Log in to the Azure dashboard with your Dynamics CRM credentials here.
2. Go to Azure Active Directory or navigate to Azure Active Directory in the side menu or click the link.
Section A: Register an Egnyte App
3. Open App registrations from the menu that just opened.
4. On the top bar, click New registration at the top.
5. Fill out the provided form (provide a name) and Register an Application.
6. From the screen that just opened, copy Application ID and Directory ID (also referred to as tenant ID), as you will need them later in the integration setup so, copy it elsewhere for reference.
Section B: Configure API Permissions
7. Select API permissions from the menu in the sidebar and click Add a Permission.
8. Choose Dynamics CRM from the list. Ensure user_impersonation is checked. Click Add permissions at the bottom and save your changes.
Section C: Configure Certificates and Secrets
9. Choose the Certificates & secrets from the menu in the sidebar. Click New client secret and set an expiration date.
Right after its creation is the only time you can copy the content of this secret and value. We will refer to it as Client Secret in the article. Please copy it and save it for future purposes.
2. Setup Dynamics 365 Sales CRM Dashboard
1. Log in to your Dynamics CRM dashboard – your URI will be something along the line here - https://acme.crm.dynamics.com.
2. On the right side, go under Settings -> Advanced Settings. It will open a new page.
3. Go to a top bar -> Settings Menu once again, which should overlay the screen on half of the page.
4. Click on the Security page.
5. Click on Users.
6. Choose "Application Users" -> +New button -> select Application Users again from a dropdown.
7. Now, fill out new User Information in the form.
8. Paste in the Application ID and Application ID URI value (Application ID you saved earlier). All other fields, including User Name, Application ID URI, Azure AD Object ID, and Primary Email, please leave blank as they will be filled automatically on save.
9. Save your changes (The save button is located at the right bottom corner).
10. Now, your application user should make API requests. Ensure you click on Assign Roles and assign this user, for example, System administrator permissions or appropriate permissions. For example, a System Administrator role will have the ability to make API Requests.
3. Setup Dynamics Resources
This setup will create the Resources needed to Add the Egnyte integration in Dynamics. Once you have added these resources, you will be able to add them to your Dynamics Entities.
1. Download HTML
2. Log in as a Dynamics Admin.
3. Go to Advanced Settings -> Customization -> Customize the System
4. Once the new page opens, check on the side menu and click Web Resources.
5. Click New.
6. Fill out the form as below.
- Set name (new_) as "new_PintWebResource"
- Set display name to "#Egnyte HTML" ("#" is to make the search easier)
- Set type as "Webpage (HTML)"
- Click Choose File and upload Egnyte HTML web resource from Section 3, Step 1 in this section.
- Click Save and then Publish
4. Setup Dynamics Entity Configuration
This section will allow Admin to add the Egnyte iframe window to any object that the Admin wants to be associated with the integration. That object will have a folder created and mapped in the Egnyte file system.
Go through the steps of getting a Service Account setup in your Microsoft Environment via Azure AD.
1. Log in as Dynamics admin
2. Go to Settings > Customization > Customize the System
3. On the side menu, click Entities
4. Click the Specific entity you want to place Egnyte iframe in. We will use the Account for this example.
5. Click on Forms under Account.
6. Choose a specific form where an add-on should be placed from the list of options given.
7. Select the Insert tab.
8. Select Web Resource (you may have to expand the screen to find Web Resource on the menu). Please check the box in the form where it says "Label enabled" and Save. Egnyte Add-in will be automatically placed in the object form and you can drag and drop to the desire location as needed.
9. Search for “new_PintWebResource”
10. Fill the rest of the fields in the form and click OK.
11. Move position to desired locations in Account Object where you will need Egnyte File Folder.
12. Save and Publish.
13. As a result, the admin will be able to see “Egnyte” (or name you selected) where they placed it.
5. Final Admin Configuration
In this final step, the Admin can connect the Microsoft Dynamics CRM to their Egnyte Domain. Admin will also be able to configure the integration to the specific root folder in Egnyte.
1. Create a new Account entry.
2. When you open Egnyte Add-on in the edit mode, it will ask you to map it with the Egnyte account.
3. You will see the Authorization button. Go through Authorization but remember to ensure it's done by Egnyte Admin. Enter your Egnyte domain (for example, acme.egnye.com)
For example, if firstname.lastname@example.org is used to sign in with Azure ID and Dynamics, use the same username and email address in Egnyte as the admin.
4. You will be asked to fill the form and put Application user data.
The resource URI will look something like https://acme.crm.dynamics.com. Please enter resource URI without "/" slash.
5. For the Tenant ID and Application ID fields, enter the information as saved in Section A, Step 6.
6. You also need to put the Egnyte folder path (for example, “/Shared/CRM/Dynamics”) (You can choose any name after /Shared/ in this folder path if you want to customize).
Once you select folder structure, and have Dynamics -> Egnyte Sync Done, later on for any reason, if you need to change a folder structure, then it is not currently supported in this version.
7. Submit the form after entering the value from Section C, Step 10 for Client Secret value.
Once the above steps are completed, you will be able to see Egnyte embedded UI to access your files with a new "Account:" record, as shown in this example.
If you ran into issues with uploading files and received failed status, please check your browser and cookies flag and ensure you disable the flag. For example, check this for the Chrome browser. For others, choose relevant options to check.
The final result would look similar to the examples below in Microsoft Dynamics and Egnyte.
Microsoft Dynamics Sales O365 View with Egnyte Embedded UI
Egnyte Web Browser View with Dynamics Folder View
6. Permission Settings
Depending on your permissions allowed by your Dynamics account, you may have to set up the following Permissions to Egnyte Admins and Users.
Setup for Admin
1. Log in as Dynamics Admin
2. Go to Settings > Security
3. Select Users
4. Edit an Admin user and click Manage Roles
5. Add the Egnyte - Service User role by Checking the box shown below. If you do not see this role – you can also try System Administrator's profile.
Setup Individual Users or Teams
1. Log in as Dynamics Admin
2. Go to Settings > Security
3. Select Users or Teams
4. Edit a User/Team and click Manage Roles
5. Add Egnyte - Authorized User role. Ensure that the admin is not in that team because his role will be reduced from Service User to Authorized User.
- Configuration takes approximately 10 minutes to complete and adding the Egnyte Add-On will trigger an error during the configuration. We recommend adding or trying again with the add-on after the configuration is complete.
Add-on has to be visited once before the corresponding folder in Egnyte is created.
- If an object of the same name is added, a numerical folder will be created on Egnyte (for example, a folder will be added with "~2").
- Renaming a folder in Egnyte will not replicate on Dynamics.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for sales (on-Premises) is not supported.
If you are still facing issues, please contact your CSM or reach out to email@example.com.