Administrators, along with Power Users that have been given the can run reports role, can pull a report to see how many files and versions are currently stored in each users Private folder. This report is extremely helpful when determining how your storage space is being utilized and if you need to have users clean up their Private folders. In this article, we'll show you how to run a Private Folder Size Report and what's included in the report.
If you'd like to learn more, our Reports and Auditing Overview article covers all of the reports available to you.
Run a Report
Mobile devices may not be able to support a .tsv file, so please run these reports from a laptop or desktop to avoid receiving an error.
- From the Reports Center, expand the Storage Reports section and select the Private Folder Size Report.
- If you would like to only generate a report for users that have a private folder larger than a specificed number of GBs, check the box and enter a desired GB amount.
- Click Generate Report to automatically download the report as a .tsv file.
Private Folder Size Report Output
Once you submit the report, the report will run in the background. If you have a large number of Private Folders, this report can take up to several minutes to run. The report results will be automatically downloaded as a .tsv file.
The report includes the following columns:
- Username: The username of the owner of the Private Folder.
- First Name: First name of the folder owner
- Last Name: Last name of the folder owner
- Email: Email address of the user
- Type: User type of the owner. This will be either admin or power
- Active: Is the user active (yes) or have they been deactivated (no).
- Versions Total Size (B): The size in bytes of all versions of files in this folder.
- Versions Total Size (GB): The size in gigabytes of all versions of files in this folder.
- Version Count: The number of versions (inclusive of the current version) in this folder.
- Files Total Size (B): The size in bytes of the current version of all files in this folder.
- Files Total Size (GB): The size in gigabytes of the current version of all files in this folder.
- File Count: The number of files in this folder. This only includes the current version in the file count.
- Folder Count: How many sub-folders are within the users Private folder.