In the case of Microsoft Office and PDF documents, Egnyte Secure & Govern can inspect the file’s metadata - details and keywords that identify the document's topic or contents. You can search for such metadata by creating a Custom Policy for Document Properties.
Create Custom Policy
- From the Egnyte Secure and Govern home page, click Settings, expand the Content Classification section, and select Policies. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Add Custom Policy.
- Enter in your Policy name, tag, and description, then click Configure for Document Properties.
- By default, Microsoft Office and PDF files have standard document properties like the title, author, and subject.
You can enter these three Standard Properties into the policy by using a list of comma-separated values to be exactly matched for each property. If you have any Keywords in the Microsoft Office document (or Tags for PDF files), you can specify a list of comma-separated values in the Keywords field. These values will be compared against the Keywords/Tags field in a document’s metadata to find any overlapping keywords.
- In addition to these Standard Properties, you can also match a file’s Custom Document Properties that have custom names and values. These properties can be one of four types - Text, Date, Numeric, or Yes/No.
- You can add Custom Properties to be matched, by specifying its Name, Type, and the expected value. In the case of Text and Numeric fields, you can specify a comma-separated list of values to be matched against the property.