Adding files using the Desktop App is a simple and fast way to move existing files to the cloud while still being able to use Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder. You can even draft new files and save your work directly to a folder in the cloud, right from your desktop.
Save New Files
- Create a new file in any compatible application like Microsoft Word.
- Click Save.
- Select the drive mapped to Egnyte and navigate to the folder you'd like to save your file to.
- Give your file a name and click Save.
Your file is uploaded to the cloud and is immediately available for your teammates to view, share, or edit.
Add Existing Files
- Locate the locally stored file.
- Drag and drop the file from the local storage to a folder on Egnyte.
Your file is now on the cloud and can be accessed from any device, anywhere.
Creating new folders in the cloud is the same process as on your desktop, making it easy to manage files in Egnyte instead of the desktop so you can free up disk space.
- Open file explorer or Finder on your desktop.
- Right click where you'd like the new folder to be located.
- Select New Folder.
- Name the folder as desired and hit Enter to create the folder.
- Find the locally stored folder on your desktop.
- Drag and drop the folder to a folder through the Desktop App.
The folder, all of its sub-folders, and files will be immediately uploaded to the cloud and can then be deleted from your computer to free up space.