- Login to the VMware machine using putty.
Enter the IP address of the ELC VM for the host, enter root for username, and input the password to login.
- Type ps –ef | grep smb and press enter.
This will show a list of samba processes that are running. If there is a process ending with smbd, it means the samba process is running.
If you don’t see a smbd process running, then try to start the samba service.
- To start samba service you'll need to run:
systemctl start smb
- After starting samba service, you'll need to recheck if the service has actually started by running:
ps –ef | grep smb
- After ensuring that samba services are running, please try to map the network drive again.
- If the samba services are running and you're still unable to map the network drive, please contact Support for further assistance.