The Egnyte for SharePoint Online integration allows you to embed your Egnyte file server within the SharePoint site. Utilize all of the features of the Egnyte Web UI to manage your files. The directly embedded Egnyte interface ensures that your SharePoint documentation always reflects the most up-to-date information without having to constantly replace and re-upload the file to SharePoint.
- Utilize a fullscreen view of the Egnyte Web UI by clicking on the Egnyte App in Site Contents
- Embed the Egnyte Web UI as a Web Part on a SharePoint Site Page
- Perform any Web UI action, including editing files in Office Online
- Keep information up-to-date by embedding the Egnyte folder structure in SharePoint
- Retain Egnyte permissions for your users and groups on the folder structure embedded within the SharePoint site
- All files are easy to manage and remain within Egnyte
- Use Egnyte reports to understand which files are being utilized by users
- Ability to add a customized folder location at a Site Level so that users can directly navigate to their preferred folder
- Admin permission enabled for SharePoint
- Office 365 for Business subscription
1. Download the Egnyte for SharePoint App
2. Log in to your Microsoft Office Online Account
4. Add and deploy the Egnyte for SharePoint App (as a custom app)
5. Click on the Gear icon in the upper-right corner and select "add an page"
6. Click "Edit" and switch the the "Insert" tab. Click on "Web Part".
7. Under "Parts", select Egnyte. Click the "Add" button.
8. Connect the your Egnyte account by following the prompts and entering your Egnyte credentials
9. (optional) Use SharePoint settings to customize the Web Part's size and layout
Configure a Custom Starting Folder
1. Open a site page with the Egnyte web part in it
2. Click "Edit" in the top right corner
3. Under the dropdown in the top right corner of the web part, click "Edit web part"
4. Expand "Egnyte options" and set the "Default directory path" to the desired Egnyte folder path. Click "Apply".
5. Click "Save" in the top right corner.