Download the Egnyte Desktop App for Mac
- Open the downloaded installer and click Continue.
- Once you've read the Software License Agreement, click Continue. You will also need to click Agree on the pop up to confirm.
- Click Continue after selecting the disk where you want to install the software.
- Click Install to leave the default destination or click Change Install Location to select a different location.
You may need to re-enter your computer's password to allow the installation.
- Once the installation was successful message appears, click Close.
- The next screen will allow you to configure a new drive. Enter your account credentials and click Continue
If your company utilizes SSO, you may be redirected to their landing page after you enter the Egnyte domain to complete the login process.
- Your drive is now mounted and ready to access in Finder.
If you are installing on macOS High Sierra or Mojave, ensure you Approve-Egnyte-Kernel-Extension-in-macOS-High-Sierra-and-Mojave so you can use the app.
Uninstall Desktop Sync
If you're making the Transition-from-Desktop-Sync-to-the-Desktop-App, you'll need to uninstall Desktop Sync if you haven't already done so. Mass (Admin) Uninstall for MacOS
- Navigate to Finder and select Applications.
- Double-click on the Egnyte Desktop Sync Uninstall. You may be asked to enter your computer (Admin) password to continue.
- If you wish to remove any synced folders from your computer, please continue to the Data Removal section of this article.
If you want to remove all your synced data from your computer, locate the Desktop Sync data folder where you created it while setting up and delete the Egnyte folder. This step should be performed only if you DO NOT wish to reinstall Desktop Sync on the computer. If you wish to reinstall the application, then ignore this step since you can use the same data folder and avoid re-downloading your data.