Change Your Password
To manually change your password, follow the steps below:
- Login to the Egnyte domain through the WebUI.
- Click your profile picture/initials at the top right and then click your display name.
- Select the Change password link and reset your password.
You can also select the My Preferences tab and click the Change Password link under the Security section.
Reset Another Users Password
Administrators can change the password for any user in Egnyte, while Power Users can update the password for Standard User's they've created. If your account employs Role-based Administration, Power Users may be able to change the password or all Power and Standard Users if they've been assigned the following roles: can manage Power Users or can manage all Standard Users.
- Once logged in, select the menu icon and choose Settings from the drop-down.
- Open the Users & Groups tab and locate the user from the list.
- Hover over the user and click Details.
- Open the Profile tab and select the Reset Password link.
- You'll be asked to confirm that you want to reset the password. When you click Confirm, the user will be sent an email with instructions on how to set a new password.