To simplify our portfolio while providing enhanced capabilities and better support for our customers’ migration needs, we announced End of Life for Cloud Migration Manager (CMM) Agent CLI on June 8, 2023, targeting complete sunset of the product for August 31, 2023.
End of Life for CMM Agent CLI is Scheduled for August 30, 2023.
Although CMM Agent CLI was never fully supported, a few customers did use the product in the past 14 months. But it was a helpful stop gap until we achieved feature parity with our new Migration App for migrating from on-premises sources to Egnyte. We’re delighted to announce that as of June 5, 2023, Migration App now offers all the robust features of CMM Agent CLI, including Scheduling and Exclusion Rules.
Moving forward, customers have multiple options to for migrating their on-premises data to Egnyte.
- Discontinue using CMM Agent CLI in lieu of the new Migration App. The new tool includes all the capabilities of CMM, plus faster performance and new capabilities such as:
- Migration App is integrated with the Egnyte Cloud File System Dashboard.
- Migration App is fully UI-driven, enables multiple concurrent migration jobs, and has extensive logging and reports to simplify validation and troubleshooting.
- Migration App can sanitize files on the source or on the fly, includes robust scheduling capabilities, enables in-app speed tests, offers permissions simulation as well as permission migration, and allows for migrating empty folders.
- Switch to using a third-party tool of your choice.
- Engage Egnyte’s Professional Services team to provide white glove service for your migration project.
If you have ongoing migration needs from on-premises sources, we encourage you to enable Migration App as soon as possible and recreate your migration jobs there.
For more information on the new Migration App, see this helpdesk article.
If you have any further questions or to discuss an engagement with Professional Services, contact your Egnyte representative.