With the release of Desktop App Core version 0.7.0, Google Workspace files are now supported with the application. Now, opening these files directly from Desktop App Core by double-clicking the files.
If you encounter any issues with opening these files, it may be due to having other applications such as Google Drive, Box, or Dropbox installed that can also utilize these file types. To resolve this issue, simply set Egnyte as the default application for opening these files.
How to Change file association to Egnyte
If you are having trouble opening a file on your Mac, it may be because the file is associated with the wrong application. Here's how to change the file association:
- Right-click on the file you want to open and select "Get Info".
- In the "Get Info" window, find the "Open With" section.
- Click on the dropdown menu and select "Egnyte".
- Once you've selected the application, click on the "Change All" button to make this the default application for all files of this type.
- You might need to do repeat this operation to all Google Workspace file types like .gdoc .gsheet or .gslides
You should now be able to open the file with the application you selected.
If you want to keep your default application, you can use the “Open with” option in the context menu.