Aside from the built-in patterns in Egnyte Secure & Govern, you can also search for any of your own keywords, such as trademarks, industry terminology, internal R&D project names, etc., through a Custom Keyword List.
Create Custom Keyword List
- From the Egnyte Secure & Govern home page, click Settings, expand the Content Classification section and select Custom Keyword Lists. Then, click Add custom keyword list.
Note: You can also view and edit all of your existing custom keyword lists.
- You must specify a unique name for the keyword list and an optional description. To add custom keywords, you can enter one phrase per line in the text boxes within either tab.
- You can either look for exact matches to your keywords, as in the case of names or use approximate matches to find similar text (e.g., apple will match apples). Depending on the type of the desired match, enter keywords in the appropriate tab.
Note: Each custom keyword list can contain a maximum of 1,000 keywords in total. A count of the number of keywords in each box at any time is displayed next to the pane header. Also, each keyword can be up to 100 characters long (including spaces).
- You can also upload a CSV or text file with your keywords, one keyword per line. The uploaded keywords will be appended to the end of the current list of keywords in the corresponding box.
- Once all of your keywords have been entered, click Save.
Note: If you try to save a policy with custom keywords that do not adhere to the above guidelines, a corresponding error message will be displayed. Also, keywords that consist only of very commonly used words in the English language, such as “the”, “an”, "but" are not permitted as they would generate too many matches to be useful. Any such keywords will be omitted from the policy.