Any user of the Migration App.
This product is currently in Limited Availability. We invite any Customers interested in using the product to engage Egnyte Professional Services or their Customer Success Manager to have it enabled for their domain.
If you have not run at least one migration job tied to an Agent in the prior 30 days, the Agent is considered idle. After 60 days of inactivity, that Agent will be auto-retired.
If a source has been auto-retired, the Agent is still visible but is flagged as Disconnected, and the RETIRED date is provided below.
All migration jobs associated with the disconnected Agent still remain intact, but cannot be run until the Agent is recreated. Once the Agent has been recreated, you may continue running existing Migration Jobs without rebuilding each job individually.
Recreating an Agent Using an Existing Agent ID
1. On your Migration Dashboard, copy the Agent ID for each Agent you wish to recreate. This is very important, as it allows you to retain all the history for this Agent and its associated migration jobs.
2. Click Add New Source.
3. Click on Download Migration Agent for Windows to download the binary to your host
machine. There is no need to Generate Agent ID. Then click Close
4. Once the MSI file for CMMAgnetInstaller is downloaded, open it to start the installation.
5. Follow the Installation Wizard until you see this screen. Click Finish.
6. Open the System Tray
7. Fill in the information requested by the form, using the Agent ID you copied in Step 1. Click Next.
8. Give it a few moments until you see the Agent is connected.
You will now see it is connected in the Migration Dashboard and you may resume normal migration activities.
Questions? Feature Requests? Other Feedback?
If you have feature suggestions or requests, feel free to submit them here, and make sure you mention Migration App in the text.
For more complex requests that would benefit from providing screenshots or other attachments, you may submit them to email@example.com. Be sure to include Migration App in the email title. Our Support team will push your comments to the Product team for consideration.