Product: Web UI Release Date: July 27, 2022.
With the commitment to delivering a best-in-class user experience to our customers, Egnyte has embarked on an ambitious and comprehensive overhaul of the entire UI. This is a multi-phased initiative, where first, the visual layer will be freshened up and modernized, and made consistent across the platform before rapidly moving on to introducing new page layouts and navigation for improved efficiencies.
For these particular milestones (5.5 and 6):
- Based on the user feedback on the prior WebUI redesign changes, the font size has been reduced so that the application pages can display more information now.
- Row separator has been introduced to improve user experience
- Visual design for Links, Workflows & Tasks, Preview components has been updated
More details on the UI redesign project can be found here: Redesign of the Egnyte UI.
Key Issues Addressed
Folder Options for Public Links via Public API
An issue with an error returned via Egnyte API when trying to modify a folder option to allow public links (Folder Options Endpoint) has been resolved.
General Settings Page Not Loading on Egnyte Web UI
An issue was resolved whereby the general settings page was not loading after a plan upgrade.
Unable to Update Power Users Using CSV - License Error (MSP Domains)
An issue with CSV user import was resolved
Unable to Update Metadata Scope via Public API
Updating metadata scope (public, private) is not supported via Public API (properties endpoint) despite the documentation stating otherwise. The API parameter ‘scope’ was removed and the documentation updated correspondingly.
Improvements, Additional Information, and Resources
The current release contains a few improvements to existing functionality.
- Minor performance and stability improvements
- Minor logging improvements
- Minor UI improvements and bug fixes
The changes will be available to all users on July 28, 2022.