Any user of the Migration App.
This product is currently in Limited Availability. We invite any Customers interested in using the product to engage Egnyte Professional Services or their Customer Success Manager to have it enabled for their domain.
When a migration job has Unattended Mode enabled, it automatically runs True-Ups for the job at set intervals. This will continue indefinitely or until Unattended Mode is disabled for the job.
Unattended Mode Requirements
Run a Migration Command
You need to have completed at least one Migration command for the job. Until you have done so, you cannot enable Unattended Mode for that job.
Activate Unattended Mode for a Job
Once you have completed at least one Migration command, you now may activate the Unattended Mode feature for the job.
- From the Migration Dashboard, navigate to the Migration Job.
- From the Migration Dashboard, click on the three-dot menu for the job in question. Click on Details to navigate to the migration details page.
- On the Migration Details Page, in the left column, click on the arrow next to Advanced Options to open the drop-down menu.
- In Unattended Mode, click the toggle to Enable Unattended Mode.
- From the drop-down menu, select Unattended.
- Next you will be offered the option to select the Threshold for running True-Ups in Unattended Mode. The default threshold is two days, but you can change it to anywhere from one to 14 days.
It is important to understand that the threshold is based on when the previous True-Up finished. If the previous command finished on Monday at 3am and you have the threshold set at for 4 days, the next True-Up will begin on Friday around 3am.
- Click Save.
- Now on the right column of the Migration Details page, under Other Details, you can see that the job shows Unattended Mode is Enabled and indicates the interval threshold you specified.
Unattended Mode Considerations
- You may disable Unattended Mode and return to manual operation of the Migration App at any time.
- Currently, Unattended Mode may be used to trigger True-Ups. No other commands may be automatically triggered.
- Even if a job is in Unattended Mode, you may manually run any command for that job. If you run a True-Up, this will re-start the interval clock for Unattended Mode after the command completes.
- If a True-Up (whether automatically initiated or manually triggered) takes longer than the threshold set for Unattended Mode, the interval clock will start for Unattended Mode only after completing the command.
- If you manually run a Scan or Permissions Migration, this will have no impact on the interval threshold for Unattended Mode. Still, the active command will need to complete before Unattended Mode triggers the next True-Up.
- While in Unattended Mode, if a True-Up fails for any reason, it will simply retry it at the next interval. However, if it fails multiple times, the Migration Operator may need to review the job manually to determine if access to the source has changed, or if the Agent needs to be restarted.
- In Unattended Mode, the options for migrating empty folders and sanitizing data are not available.
Questions? Feature Requests? Other Feedback?
If you have feature suggestions or requests, feel free to submit them here, and make sure you mention Migration App in the text.
For more complex requests that would benefit from providing screenshots or other attachments, you may submit them to email@example.com. Be sure to include Migration App in the email title. Our Support team will push your comments to the Product team for consideration.