Desktop App v. 3.14.4 Release Date: Mar 10, 2022
Switching off Egnyte as a default handler for office files
Currently, Egnyte Desktop App is registered as the default handler for office files - this was introduced in the 3.13 version to enable starting collaborative editing sessions via double-click on a file.
In version 3.14.4, new CLI commands are introduced to have control over setting Egnyte as a default handler.
- egnytecli settings double-click show - shows the status of the setting
- egnytecli settings double-click enable - (default option) sets Egnyte as a default handler for MS Office files
- egnytecli settings double-click disable - unregisters Egnyte as a default handler for MS Office files
If collaborative editing is enabled for the domain running egnytecli settings, double-click disable command will result in hiding double-click preferences in the configure drive view:
Known Issues and Limitations
- On Monterey OS, problems may occur when opening a file after moving it to a different folder.
- Co-editing is not supported with Smart Cache (FKA Turbo) connection for versions of Smart Cache below 2.7.
- A list of known limitations related to Monterey support can be found in a separate article.
Upgrade to the latest version today.