This article is written for those less technically experienced Migration App users who may not be well-versed in navigating Windows. If you're an all-around seasoned Windows admin, you probably are already familiar with this process.
This product is currently in Beta. We invite any Customers interested in joining the Beta program to engage Egnyte Professional Services or their Customer Success Manager for consideration.
The information you gather in this process is needed to complete the steps outlined in Using Migration App to Migrate Content from a Network Share.
- First, identify the user who is accessing a network share.
In Windows Explorer, navigate to any local folder, such as your C drive. In the upper left corner of the window, click on the blue File tab.
- Click on Open Windows PowerShell, and then select Open Windows PowerShell as administrator.
- A Windows PowerShell window will open. After PS C:\> (the C-prompt), type (all in one word) the command whoami and hit Enter. This will tell you who is signed in as the Local User (asmith) and provide the machine name (machine1). This is the username we need to insert into the service properties when we initiate the CMM Agent.
- Now let’s try to confirm the path of a specific folder. Go back to Windows Explorer and find an existing folder you’d like to map to. In this example, we’ll use \\server\matt.
- Returning to PowerShell, type in dir \\server\matt and Enter.
This confirms that we have the right UNC path (\\server\matt) and that the current user (matt) can access the files and folders listed on the right. You need this information to complete the steps outlined in Using Migration App to Migrate Content from a Network Share.
Questions? Feature Requests? Other Feedback?
If you have feature suggestions or requests, feel free to submit them here, and make sure you mention Migration App in the text.
For more complex requests that would benefit from providing screen shots or other attachments, you may submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include Migration App in the email title. Our Support team will push your comments to the Product team for consideration.
Want to consult with a real live Egnyter?
Feel free to pop in for Office Hours. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:00am-8:50am PT. A Migration App specialist and an Egnyte Generalist are almost always on the call. It's a great way to get specific questions answered quickly.