- File and Folder Templates: Many of the Egnyte customers repeatedly use the same structure of files or folders in their processes. Instead of doing copies for files and folders, we want to improve the workflow to allow easier management and access to the templates. We are happy to announce a new BETA feature available upon request. With file and folders templates, administrators can manage all templates from one place, when users can create files/folders from templates easily using the "New" menu. Everything is controlled via permissions. See also a "File and Folder Templates" helpdesk article for more information. You can also contact Egnyte Support team or your CSM for more information. A sample screenshot on how to use the feature:
- New Link summary Report (Generally available): We are going to turn on the new link summary report (now accessible via Links in the top bar) for everyone (available as BETA from April 2020)
- Automatic removal of unused devices: Taking our customers' feedback, we are going to automatically remove shared and personal devices that haven't been used for more than three months. It will allow administrators to manage active devices better, and the list will not include devices that are not active anymore. The three months period can be increased or decreased on customer request.
- WebUI session timeout during file upload: Solved an issue related to an error when uploading files with a "Session Expired" message. As we are going to roll out improvements within the next days, please contact our support team in case of facing an issue.
- Fixed issue with "last modified date" to appear incorrectly in some SFTP client implementations: A problem, when the "last modified date" was not displayed correctly in some SFTP client implementations with certain localization settings has been resolved
Additional Information and Resources
In addition to the above improvements, the update also contains:
- Reduced size of the indexed content per file: to improve search performance, now the size of indexable text content for a file is 50KB. Please, see this article for more details about the search.
- Added an ability to rotate PDF files (from the preview toolbar, the feature was in "Limited Availability" mode earlier)
- Minor improvements to share link modal
- Minor improvements to audit reports (when "include subfolders" section was selected, Egnyte was displaying unmarked subfolders for the folder tree in the report header)
- Minor adjustments to hints/descriptions of device issues
The changes will be available to all users on June 5, 2020. Don't forget to comment on these changes in the Community.