GA Release Date: February 14, 2020
We’ve made some improvements based on your feedback and can’t wait for you to check them out.
- Sync process failure error: Storage Sync 11.4.7 addresses an issue where the sync process stops and does not restart itself either manually or automatically.
- Admin users generating real time events: Additional admin or service accounts defined in the samba configuration should not generate real time events.
How To Upgrade
From Storage Sync version 11.1.3, 11.1.4, 11.1.5, 11.2.x, 11.3.x, 11.4.x:
- Orchestrator will automatically update the Storage Sync packages.
- If the manual upgrade is set for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
From Storage Sync version 11.1.1:
- SSH to the device as egnyteservice and switch users to root.
- Execute the command "yum upgrade orchestrator."
- This will upgrade Storage Sync orchestrator, which will then perform the upgrade to 11.4.7.
- If you have enabled Manual Upgrade for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the update.
Run "yum" only in this particular case (from 11.1.1)!
From Storage Sync versions 11.0.x:
- Download the Storage Sync 11.3.8 OVA from the helpdesk, and it will upgrade itself to 11.4.7 if the device Egnyte domain is assigned to the default channel.
- Perform a sync on 11.0 VM to ensure data on disk is up to date.
- Turn off the VM.
- If possible, take a VM snapshot of the production VM to ensure we have a backup copy of data disk [optional].
- Migrate data disk(s) to newly deployed 11.4.7 VM.
- Turn on the 11.4.7 VM and follow installation steps on UI.
Download the image for either VMware or Hyper-V. The device will update itself to this Storage Sync version.
For any other upgrade specific questions regarding Storage Sync, please contact Egnyte Support.