We've made some exciting changes to the Desktop App and can't wait for you to check them out.
Reduce sync footprint: When syncing a folder for offline access, you can now exclude its subfolders from syncing. As part of this feature, there will also be a new icon for partially synced folders. To exclude a folder from sync, unselect the "Sync for offline access" option from your right-click menu.
Set bandwidth limit on sync traffic You will now have the option to throttle sync bandwidth used to update offline folders. This is particularly useful in cases where you want to reduce the bandwidth used to keep offline folders in sync with the cloud i.e., on expensive connections or cases where there are other apps temporarily competing for bandwidth.
Copy direct link in the Desktop App: Egnyte direct links will bring you directly to a file or folder in the WebUI if you already have the proper permissions to those folders. From the right-click menu, you can now create direct links to files/folders from the Desktop App.
- Context menu for Connected Folders: Connected Folders are any folders stored on your computer that are kept in sync with specified folders in the cloud. You can now see the right-click menu options for files and folders inside Connected folders.
- Improved progress indicator to include sync download traffic: You can now track sync progress from the progress indicator. This is very useful for tracking the progress of large data sync.
- Fix for Mail Application crashing: Fix for a rare issue where Mail application crashes when users attempt to insert a big attachment right after downloading it from Finder.
- Fix preventing disappearing files and folders: Fix to prevent folders and files with certain UUID patterns from disappearing in Finder (for example “Test 2C69E6BD-6141-4A8E-A872-795128E5FD84”).
- Fix for notifications fail to display: Fix for an issue where notifications would occasionally not display when opening locked files.
- When excluding subfolders from sync, please be aware of the following limitations:
- Renaming an excluded folder or any of its parent folders is only allowed when connected to the internet.
- Excluded folders can’t be moved to different folders on the Desktop App. The Web UI can be used as an alternative.