LA Release Date: January 14, 2020
GA Release Date: January 21, 2020
We’ve made some improvements based on your feedback and can’t wait for you to check them out.
- Initial Sync start failure: Storage Sync 11.4.6 now includes a more robust process to prevent failures with the sync to initialization and start.
- User mapping process improvement: User mapping on Storage Sync can now move past AD user mapping problems via a manual workaround.
- Missing synced folder: During a hybrid sync operation, when a folder was renamed mid-sync, the sync process in some cases was not able to include the renamed folder.
How To Upgrade
From Storage Sync version 11.1.3, 11.1.4, 11.1.5, 11.2.x, 11.3.x, 11.4.x:
- Orchestrator will automatically update the Storage Sync packages.
- If the manual upgrade is set for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
From Storage Sync version 11.1.1:
- SSH to the device as egnyteservice and switch users to root.
- Execute the command "yum upgrade orchestrator."
- This will upgrade Storage Sync orchestrator, which will then perform the upgrade to 11.4.6.
- If you have enabled Manual Upgrade for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the update.
Run "yum" only in this particular case (from 11.1.1)!
From Storage Sync versions 11.0.x:
- Download the Storage Sync 11.3.8 OVA from the helpdesk, and it will upgrade itself to 11.4.6 if the device Egnyte domain is assigned to the default channel.
- Perform a sync on 11.0 VM to ensure data on disk is up to date.
- Turn off the VM.
- If possible, take a VM snapshot of the production VM to ensure we have a backup copy of the data disk [optional].
- Migrate data disk(s) to newly deployed 11.4.6 VM.
- Turn on the 11.4.6 VM and follow installation steps on UI.
Download the image for either VMware or Hyper-V. The device will update itself to this Storage Sync version.
For any other upgrade specific questions regarding Storage Sync, please contact Egnyte Support.