LA Release Date: November 25, 2019
GA Release Date: December 2, 2019
We’ve made some improvements based on your feedback and can’t wait for you to check them out.
- Sync behavior improvement: Storage Sync 11.4.5 addresses a sync behavior - when a file is deleted in the cloud, and a different file is renamed or moved to the original file's location, the sync will complete these actions sequentially.
- Storage Sync on AWS device update to the cloud dashboard: Storage Sync devices hosted in AWS will now appropriately update the device dashboard found in the Egnyte cloud.
- Contact Support links fails: A timeout issue has been resolved that prevented the logs from being collected when attempting to "Contact Support" from the Storage Sync interface.
- Write access to Storage Sync: Because of an update to samba and an implementation with btrfs, write access was not available because of the share's symbolic link path.
How To Upgrade
From Storage Sync version 11.1.3, 11.1.4, 11.1.5, 11.2.x, 11.3.x, 11.4.x:
- Orchestrator will automatically update the Storage Sync packages.
- If the manual upgrade is set for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
From Storage Sync version 11.1.1:
- SSH to the device as egnyteservice and switch users to root.
- Execute the command "yum upgrade orchestrator."
- This will upgrade Storage Sync orchestrator, which will then perform the upgrade to 11.4.5.
- If you have enabled Manual Upgrade for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the update.
Run "yum" only in this particular case (from 11.1.1)!
From Storage Sync versions 11.0.x:
- Download the Storage Sync 11.3.8 OVA from the helpdesk, and it will upgrade itself to 11.4.5 if the device Egnyte domain is assigned to the default channel.
- Perform a sync on 11.0 VM to ensure data on disk is up to date.
- Turn off the VM.
- If possible, take a VM snapshot of the production VM to ensure we have a backup copy of data disk [optional].
- Migrate data disk(s) to newly deployed 11.4.5 VM.
- Turn on the 11.4.5 VM and follow installation steps on UI.
For any other upgrade specific questions regarding Storage Sync, please contact Egnyte Support.