LA Release Date: October 21, 2019
GA Release Date: October 29, 2019
We’ve made some improvements based on your feedback and can’t wait for you to check them out.
- AD usernames and security groups with special characters: Storage Sync 11.4.4 addresses an error that occurred when an AD user name had an "&" in its name (or other special characters).
- Upgrade failure: An upgrade failure that had occurred where two packages were installed with different versions has been resolved.
- Certificate renewal failure: The certificate renewal process was failing due to an unnecessary reboot requirement which has been removed.
- Sync stuck issue: Resolved an issue where the sync process would not continue as the same file was being synced across two sync threads.
- Long shutdown times: The time in which the service stop process takes has now been reduced.
How To Upgrade
From Storage Sync version 11.1.3, 11.1.4, 11.1.5, 11.2.x, 11.3.0, 11.3.6, 11.3.8, 11.4.0, 11.4.2:
- Orchestrator will automatically update the Storage Sync packages
- If the manual upgrade is set for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
From Storage Sync version 11.1.1:
- SSH to the device as egnyteservice and switch users to root.
- Execute the command "yum upgrade orchestrator"
- This will upgrade the Storage Sync orchestrator, which will then perform the upgrade to 11.4.4
- If you have enabled Manual Upgrade for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
Run "yum" only in this particular case (from 11.1.1)!
From Storage Sync versions 11.0.x:
- Download the Storage Sync 11.3.8 OVA from the helpdesk, and it will upgrade itself to 11.4.4 if the device Egnyte domain is assigned to the default channel
- Perform a sync on 11.0 VM to ensure data on disk is up to date
- Turn off the VM
- If possible, take a VM snapshot of the production VM to ensure we have a backup copy of the data disk [optional]
- Migrate data disk(s) to newly deployed 11.4.4 VM
- Turn on the 11.4.4 VM and follow installation steps on UI
For any other upgrade-specific questions regarding Storage Sync, please contact Egnyte Support.