Release Date: October 4, 2019
We’ve made some improvements based on your feedback and can’t wait for you to check them out.
- LDAPS checkbox: Storage Sync 11.4.2 addresses an error that occurred during configuration (initial set up or when making changes) when the ldaps checkbox was selected, even if the correct ldaps port had been selected.
- Egnyteservice password change incorrectly prompted: If the "egnyteservice" account default password has been changed, the UI will not prompt for another password change.
- Device reboot: Storage Sync has enabled a process to save core dumps (file saved for analysis) and it should not prompt for a reboot following the upgrade or install.
- Added a DNS entry prompt in the "Configure Network" shell script
- Addressed 3 TCP vulnerabilities: CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, and CVE-2019-11479
How To Upgrade
From Storage Sync version 11.1.3, 11.1.4, 11.1.5, 11.2.x, 11.3.0, 11.3.6, 11.3.8, 11.4.0:
- Orchestrator will automatically update the Storage Sync packages
- If the manual upgrade is set for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
From Storage Sync version 11.1.1:
- SSH to the device as egnyteservice and switch user to root.
- Execute the command "yum upgrade orchestrator"
- This will upgrade Storage Sync orchestrator, which will then perform the upgrade to 11.4.2
- If you have enabled Manual Upgrade for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
Run "yum" only in this particular case (from 11.1.1)!
From Storage Sync versions 11.0.x:
- Download the Storage Sync 11.3.8 OVA from the helpdesk; it will upgrade itself to 11.4.2 if the device Egnyte domain is assigned to the default channel
- Perform a sync on 11.0 VM to ensure data on disk is up to date
- Turn off the VM
- If possible, take a VM snapshot of the production VM to ensure we have a backup copy of data disk [optional]
- Migrate data disk(s) to newly deployed 11.4.2 VM
- Turn on the 11.4.2 VM and follow installation steps on UI