When Admins need to assign certain users in Protect more than "basic" user access but you don't want to give them full "Admin" access, you can create different roles to satisfy your needs. Learn about the different role capabilities offered and how to set them up below.
Skip Ahead to...
Create a New Role
Before you begin, please ensure that you are signed into Protect as an Admin.
- Navigate to Settings, expand the User Management section, select Roles, and click Add role.
- Provide a name for the role and a description to help other Admins know what the role permits and should be used for.
- Select the action(s) this role should allow. Learn more about the different options below:
Can see ALL Sensitive Content results: Can see sensitive content in locations the user doesn't have permission to.
Can see ALL Issues: Can see issues in locations the user doesn't have permission to.
Can view UNREDACTED Sensitive Content: Can see the actual sensitive content that has been found, not a redacted version.
Can change ALL settings: Can change all settings in Protect, including roles for themselves and other users.
- Click Save role once done.
View, Edit, or Delete a Role
If you need to make a change to a role, including deleting the role, use the steps below.
- Navigate to Settings, expand the User Management section, select Roles, and click the three dots next to the role you'd like to manage.
- Select the action you'd like to take (View role, Edit role, or Delete role).
If you edit the role, make sure you click Save role to apply the changes.
Assign a Role
Once a role has been created, you can assign the role to new or existing users from the Users section of User Management. When you're creating a new user, you would simply select the desired role from the Role drop-down in the Add a new user dialog window.
For existing users, click the three dots next to the user, select Edit, and choose the desired role from the Role drop-down.