We’ve made some exciting improvements to Protect and can’t wait for you to check them out.
- Custom Roles: Custom roles can now be created and assigned to users. This allows more fine-grained control over what a given user can do. Available controls:
- Allow access to all issues
- Allow access to all sensitive content
- Can see unredacted sensitive content
- Can change settings
Existing “Non-admin” role has been renamed to “Basic User”.
- Signature-based Ransomware Detection for Windows File Server (WFS): Ransomware is now detected on WFS sources, using an existing signature-based approach (not an upcoming behavioral-based approach).
- Option to retain only the latest version of files: Content Lifecycle retention policies now have an option to only retain the latest version of files. If enabled for a given retention policy, then only the latest version of files will be matched by the policy. Previous versions of matched files will not be retained. When a new version of a file is created, the previous latest version is released from retention. If deletion or archive is specified as the action to take at retention expiry, then this action will be taken only on the latest version of the file at the point that retention expires for this version.
- New classification jurisdiction: The new Japan classification jurisdiction includes a built-in policy for the Japan Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
- Improvements to GDPR policy: The improvements include additional PII identifiers: UK Unique Taxpayer Reference, France CNI, Spain Tax ID number, Croatia identity card number, Italy driver's license number, Spain CIF number, UK Electoral Roll number, Austria TIN, Spain CCC number.
These patterns are now also included in the relevant pattern groups for custom classification policies.
Learn more about Secure & Govern (Protect) today.