LA Release Date: July 26, 2019
GA Release Date: August 2, 2019
We’ve made some improvements based on your feedback and can’t wait for you to check them out.
- File user update info enhancement: 11.4.0 will now captures "user update information" on files during rescan syncs. Previously, a rescan sync added the "user update information" as the Storage Sync Admin.
This release handles user info for "create" and "update" actions and NOT "delete". The delete user info will be covered in a subsequent release.
- Read and Audit Events: Storage Sync will start capturing local events based on file access and file opens performed by users that are connected to the share.
To ensure the Egnyte process captures who is accessing the Egnyte solution from Storage Sync, we're introducing Read and Audit events. Any time a user connects to the share over samba, Storage Sync will start capturing events like browsing folders and opening files. This significantly increases security coverage for customers and lets them know who is accessing the device and what they are consuming on Storage Sync.
- Enabled a "Skipped file list" reset and refresh
- Addressed an incomplete sync specifically when a device folder was renamed and files were added to the cloud at the original folder location.
- Persisted manual user mappings under any of the following conditions:
- The AD account used to join changed
- The AD account password used to join is changed
- The AD bind is switched from a RODC to RWDC configuration
How To Upgrade
From Storage Sync version 11.1.3, 11.1.4, 11.1.5, 11.2.x, 11.3.0, 11.3.6, 11.3.8:
- Orchestrator will automatically update the Storage Sync packages
- If the manual upgrade is set for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
From Storage Sync version 11.1.1:
- SSH to the device as egnyteservice and switch users to root.
- Execute the command "yum upgrade orchestrator"
- This will upgrade Storage Sync orchestrator, which will then perform the upgrade to 11.4.0
- If you have enabled Manual Upgrade for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
Run "yum" only in this particular case (from 11.1.1)!
From Storage Sync versions 11.0.x:
- Download the Storage Sync 11.4.0 OVA from the helpdesk
- Perform a sync on 11.0 VM to ensure data on disk is up to date
- Turn off the VM
- If possible, take a VM snapshot of the production VM to ensure we have a backup copy of data disk [optional]
- Migrate data disk(s) to newly deployed 11.4.0 VM
- Turn on the 11.4.0 VM and follow installation steps on UI