LA Release Date: June 20, 2019
GA Release Date: June 27, 2019
We’ve made some improvements based on your feedback and can’t wait for you to check them out. Don't forget to comment about these changes in the Community.
- Enhanced Device Dashboard: Added the file and folder count from Storage Sync to the Device Dashboard.
The following issues will be addressed in this release:
- Resolved an upgrade issue timeout where packages were being requested from an external repository
- Resolved an NTP conflict when the hypervisor host and guest enabled NTP services
- Resolved an issue where the device IP address was not reporting correctly
How To Upgrade
From Storage Sync version 11.1.3, 11.1.4, 11.1.5, 11.2.x, 11.3.0, 11.3.6:
- Orchestrator will automatically update the Storage Sync packages
- If the manual upgrade is set for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
From Storage Sync version 11.1.1:
- SSH to the device as egnyteservice and switch users to root.
- Execute the command "yum upgrade orchestrator"
- This will upgrade Storage Sync orchestrator, which will then perform the upgrade to 11.3.8
- If you have enabled Manual Upgrade for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
Run "yum" only in this particular case (from 11.1.1)!
From Storage Sync versions 11.0.x:
- Download the Storage Sync 11.3.8 OVA from the helpdesk
- Perform a sync on 11.0 VM to ensure data on disk is up to date
- Turn off the VM
- If possible, take a VM snapshot of the production VM to ensure we have a backup copy of data disk [optional]
- Migrate data disk(s) to newly deployed 11.3.8 VM
- Turn on the 11.3.8 VM and follow installation steps on UI
For any other upgrade specific questions regarding Storage Sync, please contact Egnyte Support.