Do you have a project that needs to be reviewed by the end of the week? Stay on track by assigning a task. Tasks can be assigned to any other Egnyte user with permission for that file. Both users (assignor and assignee) will receive notifications in the Web UI as well as e-mail updates regarding due dates and key actions that have been performed for the task (e.g., completing, declining, re-opening).
Create a Task
To create a new task, follow the steps below
- Open the file, select Tasks from the top menu, and click New Task.
- Create a name for the task, choose who you'd like to assign it to, and give it a due date. Click Create task once all the information has been entered.
- Once the task has been resolved, you'll receive a notification so you don't have to keep checking in.
To edit a task, navigate to My Tasks, select the Assigned by me tab, and click Edit to make the necessary changes.
Respond to a Task
If you've been assigned a task, you can mark the task as complete or decline it.
To respond to a task:
- Click My Tasks along the top of the page.
- From the Assigned to me tab, select the Resolve drop down next to your task and select Complete or Decline.
Egnyte Tasks API
In case you need to work with Tasks programmatically, you can always use Egnyte Tasks API.