Do you have a project that needs to be reviewed by the end of the week? Stay on track by assigning a task. Tasks can be assigned to any other Egnyte user with permission for that file. Both users (assignor and assignee) will receive notifications in the Web UI as well as e-mail updates regarding due dates and key actions that have been performed for the task (e.g., completing, declining, re-opening).
Create a Task
To create a new task, follow the steps below
- Open the file, select Tasks from the upper right menu, and click New Task.
- Create a name for the task, choose who you'd like to assign it to, and give it a due date. Click Create task once all the information has been entered.
- Once the task has been resolved, you'll receive a notification so you don't have to keep checking in.
To edit a task, navigate to My Tasks, select the Assigned by me tab, and click Edit to make the necessary changes.
Respond to a Task
If you've been assigned a task, you can mark the task as complete or decline it.
To respond to a task:
- Click My Tasks along the top of the page.
- From the Assigned to me tab, select the Resolve drop-down next to your task and select Complete or Decline.
Egnyte Tasks API
In case you need to work with Tasks programmatically, you can always use Egnyte Tasks API.