We’ve made some changes to improve your experience on the Web UI. Don't forget to comment about these changes on the Community Website.
- Username rename: Due to the outpouring of Community feedback from our users, we've added the ability to change usernames for particular users. The feature is available through the Web UI and Active Directory (AD Kit).
Due to many dependencies with various devices, username rename change has few limitations. A summary of the process has been described below.
To proceed with the username change in the Web UI, please go to the user profile and choose Change username.
There will be a disclaimer, which you should go through carefully as it will impact end users.
- Changing the username for an account can take some time, espeically if the Private folder is a large size.
- During the process, the login is disabled, and users will have no ability to access the account until the operation is finished.
- Any user actions in progress will be canceled, and all of their active sessions will end.
- All tokens are invalidated, and the user must re-authenticate all devices (mobile, Desktop App, Storage Sync, etc.).
- It will be necessary to re-sync private folders synced for offline access on the Desktop App and Mobile App.
- Permission and login audit reports will stop returning any record for the changed username.
- Desktop Sync: Users or Admins must reinstall the Desktop Sync and manually delete offline files from the storage.
- Storage Sync: Administrator needs to manually map usernames if there is no Active Directory.
We strongly advise finding a proper time to proceed with a username change (e.g., after working hours).
The feature has been released with limited availability and will be accessible by all customers by the end of the month.
- Block possibility to create a new service account as a Standard User: Resolved an issue related to an ability to create a new service account as a Standard User via API.
In addition to the above improvements, the update also contains:
- Improved case-sensitive path for operations through SFTP to case-insensitive
- Permission report exception fix
- Change the resend account verification email and verification email's body
- When an email verification link is clicked from a mobile device, the user is immediately redirected to the Mobile App download page.
- Locks minor improvements