Storage Sync is better than ever! We’ve made some exciting changes based on your feedback and can’t wait for you to check out these new features.
- Storage Sync and Terminal Server
Storage Sync can be accessed from users logging into a remote desktop session hosted in a Terminal Server environment. One example that works well involves users logging into a remote desktop session that need to access a variety of applications and resources from their remote session including Storage Sync. This release allows a Terminal Server, multi-user connection into Storage Sync where each user can map the Egnyte Storage Sync share. As each user maps their own Storage Sync share, they can access the folders that they've been given permissions.
- Multipipe sync enabled by default
Multipipe sync will be enabled in 11.3.1 by default.
Key Issues Addressed
The following issues are addressed in the 11.3.1 release and include:
- A fix for a SSL Certificate Renewal issue
- A fix to retain a previous usermap during an usermapping exception
- A permission fix to ensure that fixed folder permissions are changed strictly from the cloud
- A fix to address starts of syncs following a usermapping database inconsistency
How To Upgrade
From Storage Sync versions 10.3.5:
Storage Sync 11.3.1 can be directly updated from 10.3.5. This requires first updating the NETGEAR ReadyNAS firmware to 6.9.4. After the firmware update, NETGEAR admins will need to manually add the Storage Sync install package through the Apps tab in the ReadyNAS user interface.
From Storage Sync versions 11.x:
Devices already on Storage Sync 11.x can use the auto-update schedule to update to 11.3.1. After the firmware has been updated to NETGEAR ReadyNAS firmware to 6.9.4, admins can choose either to wait until the defined Update Policy window or by clicking on the update link in the Storage Sync UI to upgrade Storage Sync.
The following upgrade paths are supported for this release:
- Versions Pre-10.3.5 → 10.3.5 → 11.3.1 [Manual upload after intermediate firmware steps required]
- Version 10.3.5 → 11.3.1 [Manual upload after firmware update - 6.9.4]
- Version 11.0.x → 11.3.1 [Requires firmware update - 6.9.4]
- Version 11.1.1 → 11.3.1 [Requires firmware update - 6.9.4]
- Version 11.1.2 → 11.3.1
- Version 11.1.4 → 11.3.1
- Version 11.2.2 → 11.3.1
- Version 11.2.3 → 11.3.1
- Version 11.2.4 → 11.3.1
- Version 11.2.5 → 11.3.1
- Version 11.3.0 → 11.3.1
For any other upgrade specific questions regarding Storage Sync, please contact Egnyte Support.