We’ve made some exciting changes to the Desktop App based on your feedback. Don't forget to share your thoughts in the Egnyte Community.
- Simpler sign in: The login process when adding drives is significantly simpler. Users no longer need to select 'Other login options' to sign in using SSO. The Desktop App will automatically detect what type of login to use based on the user’s email address or username.
- Copy and upload performance improvements in Windows: We made significant performance improvements for copying and uploading new files into the drive. Performance is up to 7x faster on the new version.
- Set a cloud start path on Mac: You can now set a ‘cloud start path’ to map a drive to any folder in the cloud, just like in Windows.
We've also implemented some fixes to Desktop App to keep things running smoothly.
- Improvements to login process when adding multiple drives using SSO authentication through the command-line tool.
- Fix to prevent broken links and shortcuts in Windows explorer and applications that make use of linked or cross-referenced files.
- Fix to prevent a rare issue where the sync engine would not sync in real-time until an app restart.
- Fix to prevent users from seeing unnecessary permission warnings when using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Fix for cases where some files uploaded in synchronized folders would not appear in the ‘recently uploaded’ list.
- Fix to prevent a rare issue where users have to reconnect drives to be able to sync for offline access.
- Fix to ensure users can sync folders for offline access after Windows username is changed.
- Fix to ensure offline folders are properly updated when navigation folders are renamed or moved.
- Improvement to prevent multiple prompts for users credentials when updating the Desktop App with multiple drives connected.
- Fix to ensure that folders created from the ‘Save’ dialogue in Adobe InDesign appear in the cloud.
Upgrade the Desktop App today.