Egnyte Desktop App uses an auto-discovery mechanism to look for all Turbo devices in the network that the user has permissions for, compares the latency to each device, and identifies the best Turbo device to connect.
Listed below is a high-level sequence of steps of the discovery process:
- Get a list of all Turbo devices in the domain.
- What Turbo devices are you authorized to connect to?
- Which of those Turbo devices is healthy?
- Between the cloud and healthy Turbo devices, which device has the least latency?
- Connect to the best device (or fall back to the cloud if it can’t connect).