Egnyte Desktop App uses an auto-discovery mechanism to look for all Smart Cache devices in the network that the user has permissions for, compares the latency to each device, and identifies the best Smart Cache device to connect.
Listed below is a high-level sequence of steps of the discovery process:
- Get a list of all Smart Cache devices in the domain.
- What Smart Cache devices are you authorized to connect to?
- Which of those Smart Cache devices is healthy?
- Between the cloud and healthy Smart Cache devices, which device has the least latency?
- Connect to the best device (or fall back to the cloud if it can’t connect).