We’ve made some changes to improve your experience on the Web UI. Don't forget to comment about these changes on the Community Website.
- General Availability for SFTP: Uploading and downloading files and folders via SFTP is available for all Egnyte customers now.
- Allow path-based deep links: We now allow users to share files and folders using path-based deep links. The feature can be used via API for any 3rd party integration when e.g sharing files in offline mode.
- Expose last accessed field via API: We've made it possible to get the last accessed parameter for shared links through the API. One way Administrators can use this information is to delete links if the last time links have been accessed is higher than a specified period in time.
- Rename - asynchronous folder merge: When users are renaming a folder and the desired name already exists in the path, users are prompted whether to merge folders. If a merge takes more than 15 seconds, it's switched to the asynchronous mode and the proper pop-up information is displayed.
In addition to the above improvements, the update also contains:
- Updated non-SSO email and confirmation page upon setting the password
- Replaced "Egnyte Drive" with "Desktop App" in Profile & Insights
- Small improvements for moving the folder
- Listing improvements in top-level trash items
- Small refinements related to Egnyte Protect support
- Fixed an issue where the wrong Group name appearing in the Folder Permissions Report when the user belonged to two groups and the permission was revoked
- Resolved two issues related to full screen and preview with newest version of Chrome
These improvements should be available for all users by December 20.