The following items have been addressed in Storage Sync 11.2.4:
- A fix to address an issue to remove local authenticated users from Storage Sync
- A fix to address share access problems with permissions
- A fix to resolve an issue where admin users did not have access to some folders
- A fix to resolve Storage Sync service startups on Hyper-V
- A fix to retain an AD RODC configuration
- A fix to handle failures during user mapping process page load in the Storage Sync interface
- A fix to resolve an issue to allow external NTP servers to be defined in the configuration
- A fix to filter and disregard macOS temporary folders during the sync process
- A fix to include an IP address redirect when a static address has been set in configuration
How To Upgrade
From Storage Sync version 11.1.3, 11.1.4, 11.1.5, 11.2.x:
- Orchestrator will automatically update the Storage Sync packages
- If the manual upgrade is set for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
From Storage Sync version 11.1.1:
- SSH to the device as egnyteservice and switch users via sudo.
- Execute the command "yum upgrade orchestrator"
- This will upgrade Storage Sync orchestrator, which will then perform the upgrade to 11.2.4
- If you have enabled Manual Upgrade for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
From Storage Sync versions 11.0.x and 10.3.3:
- Download the Storage Sync 11.2.4 OVA from the helpdesk
- Perform a sync on 10.x or 11.0 VM to ensure data on disk is up to date
- Turn off the VM
- If possible, take a VM snapshot of the production VM to ensure we have a backup copy of data disk [optional]
- Migrate data disk(s) to newly deployed 11.2.4 VM
- Turn on the 11.2.4 VM and follow installation steps on UI
For any other upgrade specific questions regarding Storage Sync, please contact Egnyte Support.