HOW TO UPGRADE
From Storage Sync version 11.1.3 and 11.1.4:
- Orchestrator will automatically update the Storage Sync packages
From Storage Sync version 11.1.1:
- SSH to the device as egnyteservice and switch users via sudo.
- Execute the command "yum upgrade orchestrator"
- This will upgrade Storage Sync orchestrator, which will then perform the upgrade to 11.1.5
- If you have enabled Manual Upgrade for Storage Sync, please access the Storage Sync UI to perform the upgrade.
From Storage Sync versions 11.0.x and 10.3.3:
- Download the Storage Sync 11.1.5 OVA from the helpdesk
- Perform a sync on 10.x or 11.0 VM to ensure data on disk is up to date
- Turn off the VM
- If possible, take a VM snapshot of the production VM to ensure we have a backup copy of data disk [optional]
- Migrate data disk(s) to newly deployed 11.1.5 VM
- Turn on the 11.1.5 VM and follow installation steps on UI
The following issues have been addressed in the 11.1.5 release:
- A fix to address folder renames events that may not get synced appropriately
- A fix to continue the user mapping process if user objects in AD are missing attributes - the user object in question will get skipped
- A fix to address an issue to prevent programs on the share to be run from a computer account
- A cleanup fix to help the upgrade process logging frequency and log space consumption
- A fix to improve the sync performance when fixed folders are being used
- A fix to address folder sync behavior when folders are moved in the cloud out of the configuration on Storage Sync
- A fix to improve performance while setting permissions on private folders