A Service Account is an Egnyte account that is meant to be used by an application instead of by a user. Examples of applications include Storage Sync, Turbo, Egnyte Protect, or applications built with the Egnyte API. With applications like these, the account is not using Egnyte interactively. Administrator or Power User accounts can be set as a service account.
Service Accounts differ from other accounts in the following ways:
- Service Accounts cannot be used with interactive applications such as the Egnyte Web UI, desktop, or mobile apps.
- Service Accounts are not subject to password expiry rules (for Egnyte authenticated Service Accounts). Service Accounts’ passwords do not expire in order to eliminate the downtime of an application that would normally occur if the password expires.
- Service Accounts are not subject to requirements for Two-Step Login Verification.
- Service Accounts do not need to have a unique email address. A Service Account can use the same email address as another user in your Egnyte account. The email address for a Service Account is used purely for email notifications and not for authentication.
- Service Account email addresses do not require email verification.
- Administrators can set the password of a service account.
The Service Account feature is currently in limited availability release. If you don't have the feature enabled and would like to use it, please contact Egnyte Support.
- Change User Account to a Service Account
- Change Password for a Service Account
- Change Service Account to a User Account