Since February 1, 2018, some older versions of Desktop Applications are no longer supported - see this article for more details.
On October 31, 2018, the aforementioned unsupported versions of Desktop Applications will reach the end of their life. This specifically includes:
- Egnyte Desktop App for Windows (formerly Egnyte Drive) - Any versions older than version 2.0.0
- Egnyte Desktop App for Mac (formerly Egnyte Drive) - Any versions older than version 1.6.6
- Desktop Sync for Windows - Any versions older than version 9.1.2
- Desktop Sync for Mac - Any versions older than version 9.1.2
What does End of Life mean?
When a version reaches end of life, Egnyte will no longer support the back-end infrastructure needed for the version to work as expected and will take measures to actively prevent the versions from communicating with our service.
When will I stop being able to use these older versions
The following table covers dates when measures will be taken to prevent specific older versions from communicating with the cloud:
|Date||Versions that will no longer function|
|Nov 5, 2018||Desktop Sync version 8.2.x and below|
|Jan 28, 2019||Desktop Sync version 9.1.1 and below|
|Feb 9, 2019||Desktop App 1.x for Windows|
|Feb 9, 2019||Desktop App 1.6.6 and below for Mac|
What to do if you are on an older unsupported version of Desktop Sync or the Egnyte Desktop App?
For the Egnyte Desktop App for Windows and Mac, download and install the latest version from the link below:
For Desktop Sync for Windows and Mac, download and install the latest version from the link below:
Check which versions your users are on:
- Log in to the Egnyte Connect Web UI
- Click on the menu icon
- Click settings
- Click on the Devices tab
- You can sort by Desktop Sync or Desktop App (Egnyte Drive) and even export the entire list.
For information on end of support schedules for all products, see our end of support timeline.