Since February 1, 2018, some older versions of Desktop Applications are no longer supported - see this article for more details.
After September 30, 2018, the aforementioned unsupported versions of Desktop Applications will reach the end of their life. This specifically includes:
- Egnyte Connect Desktop App for Windows (formerly Egnyte Drive) - Any versions older than version 2.0.0
- Egnyte Connect Desktop App for Mac (formerly Egnyte Drive) - Any versions older than version 1.6.5
- Desktop Sync for Windows - Any versions older than version 9.1.2
- Desktop Sync for Mac - Any versions older than version 9.1.2
What does End of Life mean?
When a version reaches end of life, Egnyte will no longer support the back-end infrastructure needed for the version to work as expected and may even take measures to actively prevent the versions from communicating with our service.
What to do if you are on an older unsupported version of Desktop Sync or the Egnyte Connect Desktop App?
For the Egnyte Connect Desktop App for Windows and Mac, download and install the latest version from the link below:
For Desktop Sync for Windows and Mac, download and install the latest version from the link below:
Check which versions your users are on:
- Log in to the Egnyte Connect Web UI
- Click on the menu icon
- Click settings
- Click on the Devices tab
- You can sort by Desktop Sync or Desktop App (Egnyte Drive) and even export the entire list.
For information on end of support schedules for all products, see our end of support timeline.