Storage Sync 11.1.4 for ReadyNAS includes the following:
- Support for NETGEAR ReadyNAS 6.9.3
- A fix to a permissions induced samba panic
- A fix to address an issue where the user interface was not available
- A fix to honor folders in the cloud that have been set to "Fixed"
- Addresses an issue that was found during the permissions mapping process
- A way to improve the sync behavior when moving a folder out of the "selected folders" definition
SUPPORTED FIRMWARE VERSIONS
Storage Sync 11.1.4 is supported on ReadyNAS firmware versions 6.9.1 to 6.9.3.
HOW TO UPGRADE
For Storage Sync versions 10.3.5:
Storage Sync 11.1.4 can be directly updated from 10.3.5. This requires first updating the NETGEAR ReadyNAS firmware to at least 6.9.1. After the firmware update, NETGEAR admins will need to manually add the Storage Sync install package through the Apps tab in the ReadyNAS user interface.
For Storage Sync versions 11.0.x and 11.1.1:
Devices already on Storage Sync 11.0.x or 11.1.x can use the auto-update schedule to update to 11.1.4. After the firmware has been updated to NETGEAR ReadyNAS firmware at least 6.9.1, admins can choose either to wait until the defined Update Policy window or by clicking on the update link in the Storage Sync UI to upgrade Storage Sync.
The following upgrade paths are supported for this release:
- Version 10.3.5 → 11.1.4 [Manual upload after firmware update]
- Version 11.0.x → 11.1.4 [Requires firmware update]
- Version 11.1.1 → 11.1.4 [Requires firmware update]
- Version 11.1.2 → 11.1.4 [Firmware update optional]
For any other upgrade specific questions regarding Storage Sync, please contact Egnyte Support.